Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bills, Bills, Bills - Destiny's Child Cover by Glee

Bonjour!

So ever since I watched the Glee episode featuring Britney Spears back in September, I have been hooked. I was very apprehensive about watching Glee because the idea of a musical TV show seemed a little cheeseball, but au contraire! I was totally wrong, and it's one of the best shows on TV. I was on my death bed on Saturday after visiting the SHH chapter at JMU, and what saved me? Oh, just the Gleekend Marathon on Oxygen! And what did I watch after I saw the Pack sack the Black and Gold? Oh, just the Glee Super Bowl Special! And that's where "Bills, Bills, Bills" was sung by Darren Criss and The Warblers. Youtube it now. If you never liked Destiny's Child (in which case, you're crazy), and you never liked the song, "Bills, Bills, Bills," (insanity) you will love this version, and you will be forced to watch Glee, every Tuesday at 8 PM Central Time, just so you can hear Darren Criss's beautiful voice. I also recommend watching the Britney Spears episode of Glee. It will change your life.

Ok, enough Glee talk. Like I said, over the weekend, I went to JMU to visit the group of volunteers I led in Honduras this winter. Seeing them brought back so many memories of Honduras, like Danny's starfish sleeping position, Melissa's inability to filter any of her opinions, Diana's bodily functions, and Laura's boyish ways to which I can totally relate. They had a "grilled cheese" fundraiser on Friday, which was hilarious to see in action. Basically, they make and sell grilled cheese sandwiches to inebriated college students in order to raise money to build schools in Honduras! To take it a step further, the JMU chapter decided to have a driver cruise around to all the bus stops with a cooler filled with cheesy goodies to raise even more money for the ninos! The JMU chapter is full of rockstars. I miss you guys already!

I've been a lot more disciplined about exercising these days, and I have to say that I am genuinely happier and more excited about life when I'm active. Whether it's running, dancing at Zumba, or kickboxing, I'm always happier after a really intense workout. My friends make fun of me because I love being drenched in sweat, but there's something so empowering about pushing yourself beyond your body's limits. I catch my second wind when I push myself through those moments when I don't think I can physically keep going. I usually go through phases of rigid exercising, but I think I'll be able to keep it up this time because I'm obsessed with Zumba and I'm exercising solely to benefit myself. If you're not usually inclined to exercising, I highly recommend Zumba. It will change your life... just like Glee! And we have come full circle.

I think I'm moving to New York.

c.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment